Yesterday I decided to model a face. I found a tutorial that showed someone making a face, and made my own. I used my own face as reference (just to let you know, I don’t really look like the face you see in the render). It seemed to come out pretty well. Then I animated it. I was sort of inspired after seeing some video game facial animation.
Here are some of the techniques I used:
- Armature head
- The head had a simple rig to control head movement
- Eye constraints
- There was an empty object a ways off
- Both eyes were given constraints to track to this object.
- Shape keys
- Facial expression was controlled by shape keys
- Key frames were given to the power of the shape keys
- The eyes have a modified texture from this post: LINK
- Their reflection map is below
I release the eye reflection under Creative Commons 0.
Thanks for reading, enjoy the video!